At Plainfield Health Care Center, we are the rehabilitation experts. Our facility was designed and recently remodeled to maximize patient independence for residents in our Stepping Forward program. In addition to some of the most advanced physical therapy equipment and our state-of-the-art rehab gym, our facility now boasts a total of 22 private rehabilitation suites.
We help achieve full and lasting recoveries because our team is committed to giving each resident the undivided attention they deserve. The process begins with a thorough examination in which our rehabilitation specialists will evaluate your physical strengths and capabilities, pinpoint areas of difficulty and concern, and take the time to learn which obstacles, for you, are most meaningful to overcome. To achieve real goals in real time, our team of expert therapists will then devise a personalized Stepping Forward program just for you.
- Height Adjustable Hydraulic Stairs w/ Convertible Parallel Bars – Balance and stability for exercising legs, practicing incline steps, and patients learning to rewalk
- Nustep/Scifit – Safely build strength and endurance when recovering from heart attack, injury, or post-op
- HUR Dynamic Balance Testing & Training System – Latest in fall-risk assessment technology, results-driven balance training, and precise progress calculation
- Fitness Flexibility and Fitness Training Equipment – Extensive variety in state-of-the-art flexibility, stretching, weights, and recovery equipment
- Progressive Resisted Exercise Devices – Gradual increments in weight to build and strengthen weak muscles and locations of injury
- Diathermy E-Stim – Electrical stimulation for reducing pain and improving neuromuscular control
- Vital Stim/EStim/Ultrasound – Noninvasively stimulate muscles to improve swallowing, neuromuscular control, and reduce pain, inflammation, and scar tissue
- Fully Functional Training Kitchen and ADL Equipment – Kitchen for occupational training and Aids to Daily Living (ADL) to facilitate independence and performance of everyday tasks
- Cold and Warm Therapy – Relax muscles, decrease muscle spasms, improve circulation, and reduce pain